外语教学与研究出版社(外研版)初中八年级上册(初二上学期)英语Module 9 Population Unit 3 Language in use
Activity 2 Listen and match
1.China has a population of one billion, three hundred and seventy million, five hundred and thirty–seven thousand.
2. The population of the US is three hundred and fourteen million, seven hundred and ninety–one thousand.
3. Twenty-two million, nine hundred and fifty-six thousand people live in Australia.
4. Four million, four hundred and thirty-seven thousand people live in New Zealand.
2.the US b)22,956,000
4.New Zealand d)1,370,537,000
Activity 9 Listen and choose the best summary.
Joining car clubs is a good way to get around in cities. There are many car clubs in the US. You can use a car when you want to, and it’s cheaper than having a personal car.
You only pay for the car when you drive it. You don’t always use the car because sometimes you can take a bus, or walk or ride a bike. This is healthier for the city, as there will be fewer cars on the road. It is also healthier for you.
Activity 10 Listen again and choose the correct answer
1. Joining a car club is cheaper/more expensive than having a personal car.
2. People in car clubs pay for/do not pay for a car when they drive.
3. People in car clubs sometimes/never take a bus or ride a bike.
4. People ir, car clubs probably are/are not healthier.
Around the world
World population and water
With more and more people in the world, more and more water is used.@ln fact, water use is growing more than twice as fast as the world’s population! As a result, getting good, clean water is becoming a problem in many places.eA lot of water is polluted and in many areas people have to walk a long way to get clean water for daily use. More than 3.4 million people die each year from drinking and washing with polluted water.So let’s do everything we can to stop the pollution and save water.
Moduie task: Making a graph