fltrp

外研版九年级英语上册Module 7 Unit 1录音

Module 7 Great books
Unit 1 We’re still influenced by Confucius’s ideas.

Activity 1,2 Listen again and complete the sentences.
再听一遍录音并完成句子。
Presenter: Hello, today our guests will each introduce an important person from their countries, and we’ll discuss why they’re famous.
Chinese person: Confucius was a great teacher and thinker in ancient China. He lived over 2,000 years ago and he is well-known in many countries.
British person: William Shakespeare was English and wrote plays and poems. Although he died about 400 years ago, his plays are still seen, and his poems are still read by many people.
American person: Mark Twain was an American writer. His works are studied in schools. His stories are set in the south of the US over 100 years ago, and readers still enjoy them very much.

Activity 3 Listen and read.
听一听,读一读。
Mr Jackson:Hello,Betty. What’s up?
杰克逊先生:你好,贝蒂。什么事?
Betty:I want to join an Internet group to discuss great books by great writers.
贝蒂:我想加入一个互联网群来由著名作家写的名著。
Mr Jackson:So,who are your great writers?
杰克逊先生:那么,你(指)的著名作家是谁?
Betty:Well,maybe Confucius and Shakespeare.
贝蒂:嗯,可能是孔子和莎士比亚。
Mr Jackson:Really? I accept that they’re great because their works are still read by many people today. But I think I’d describe Confucius more as a teacher and thinker than a writer. He was a very wise man. What do you have to do for the discussion?
杰克逊先生:真的吗?我承认他们是著名的,因为如今,他们的作品仍然被许多人阅读。但是我认为我更愿意把孔子描述为教育家兼思想家,而非作家。他是一个很睿智的人。你必须为讨论做些什么?
Betty:Well,each of us reads a favourite book and writes a review for the discussion.
贝蒂:噢,我们每个人读一本最喜爱的书并为讨论写一篇评论。
Mr Jackson: I see. We’re still influenced by Confucius’s ideas, and Shakespeare’s plays also make a lot of senseto us today. People have always read, and will always read great books. By the way ,what do you think of Mark Twain, the great American writer in the nineteentVi century?
杰克逊先生:我明白了。现在,我们仍然受到孔子思想的影响,而且莎士比亚的戏剧对我们来说也仍然很有意义。人们总是阅读,而且将永远阅读名著。顺便问一下,你认为19世纪美国的著名作家马克·吐温怎么样?
Betty:He was important,but I suppose he isn’t as well-know as Confucius or Shakespeare.
贝蒂:他很重要,但是我猜想他不如孔子和莎士比亚闻名。
Mr Jackson:No,but his books are still popular,and one of his books is my favourite, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
杰克逊先生:是的,但他的著作仍很受欢迎,他的其中一本著作《汤姆·索耶历险记》是我最喜欢的。
Betty:Great! Why don’t you join in the discussion and tell us about it?
贝蒂:太棒了!你为什么不加入讨论并告诉我们关于它的情况呢?

Pronunciation and speaking
语音与会话
Activity 5 Listen and underline the words the speaker stresses.
听录音并画出说话人重读的词语。
1. We’re still influenced by Confucius’s ideas.
我们仍然受到孔子思想的影响。
2. Shakespeare’s plays also make a lot of sense to us today.
莎士比亚的戏剧现在对我们来说也仍然很有意义。
3. He was important, but I suppose he isn’t as well-known as Confucius or Shakespeare.
他很重要,但我猜想他不如孔子和莎士比亚闻名。

Now listen again and repeat.
现在再听一遍录音并跟读。

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *