1. When will Bill return the car to Sue?
A. By 4:30 p.m.
B. At 5:00 p. m.
C. By 5:30 p.m.
2. Where does the conversation take place?
A. In a library.
B. In a post office.
C. In a bookstore.
3. What does the man suggest the woman do?
A. Go to the post office.
B. Take a trip.
C. Call the post office.
4. How did the woman feel about the man?
5. What are the speakers talking about?
A. How to spend their next holidays.
B. What they enjoy doing during holidays.
C. Their family and friends.
6. When did the shopping mall open?
A. Last month.
B. Last week.
7. How will the woman go to the shopping mall?
A. By train.
B. By bus.
C. In the man’s car.
8. Why is the woman sick?
A. She worked too hard.
B. She ate something wrong.
C. She was caught in the rain.
9. When will she have an exam?
A. This week.
B. Next week.
C. Next month.
10. What will the man do for her?
A. Help her prepare the exam.
B. Buy her some medicine.
C. Send for the doctor.
11. How many times has the man been late for work this week?
A. Only once.
C. Three times.
12. What did the man do after taking a shower?
A. He read a magazine.
B. He looked for his glasses.
C. He had his breakfast.
13. Where are the man’s glasses?
A. In the bathroom.
B. In the living room.
C. In the dining room.
14. What kind of apartment does the man want to rent?
A. An apartment with a small bedroom and a bathroom.
B. An apartment with two bedrooms and a bathroom.
C. An apartment with a bedroom and a small bathroom.
15. How much does he want to pay each month?
16. How far is the apartment away from the university?
A. 2 miles.
B. 3 miles.
C. 4 miles.
17. Who first developed plastic on a large scale?
A. A Frenchman.
B. An Englishman.
C. An American.
18. What was the advantage of plastic collars?
A. They didn’t wear out easily.
B. They were easy to wash.
C. They were comfortable.
19. Why were the plastic toys a good idea for some mothers?
A. They were colorful.
B. They were cheap.
C. Kids preferred them.
20. What is talked about at the end of the speech?
A. The excitement caused by plastic.
B. Different uses of plastic.
C. The harmful side of plastic.