1. Yancheng, ___ energetic city, has set up trade relations with lots of countries and areas.
2. A marathon was held in Yancheng _____ 21st April, which drew 12,000 runners.
3. Each of us _____ a life goal, which will guide us to a bright future.
C. will have
4. Size and type do not matter – you ______ do almost anything if you never give up.
5. ______ needs one or two close friends to share his happiness and sadness with.
B. No one
6. The number of the people using Huawei _____ is getting larger and larger.
7. I’ve wanted to read Peter Pan for long, ______ today I finally borrowed the book from the
8. You need not only talent but also hard work to become a ______ football player.
9. Mr Wu keeps _______ his students that the future belongs to the well-educated.
B. to tell
D. to order
10. ______ say the English is too difficult for us to learn. We can learn it well with efforts.
11. In Chinese culture, children born in the Year of the Monkey ______ to be smart.
C. will be said
D. are said
12. – Do you know _______ Grandma is going to visit us?
-Next Saturday. She told me on the phone.
13. –WeChat makes communication much easier.
– ________ We can in touch with each other anytime and anywhere.
A. With pleasure.
B. I can’t agree more.
C. What a shame!
D. Don’t mention it.
14. “________” means “If lots of people share the work, it will make a job easier to complete.”
A. Burn the candle at both ends.
B. Every dog has its day.
C. Many hands make light work.
D. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
15. –Excuse me, could you please tell me ______ ?
-Sure. It’s on Jianjun Road.
A. where can I find the museum
B. where I can find the museum
C. how far the museum is from here
D. how far is the museum from here